betawi beef spare rib soup recipe
betawi beef spare rib soup ingredients
- Beef spare Ribs 750 Gr,cut into individual rib lengths and chop each into smaller cube portions [the buthcer can do this for you at most stores if you ask].
- 1.5 litres bolling water
- 1 teaspoon cloves [powder of freshly ground]
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon [powder of freshly ground]
- 1 teaspoon greated nutmeg
- 1 spiring onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped chinese celery or seledri
- 4 cm galangal [sliced roughly]
- 1 stalk lemon grass [crushed]
- 2 tablespoon kafiir lime juice
- 2 sliced red chilles [or ot your preterred
- taste. It is optional]
- 2 sliced tomato
- 2 daun salam [kind of bay leat] or you cant replace with bay leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sprinkles of fried shallots [around to table spoons]
- First, boll water
- Add the beef ribs to bolling water. Cook until the meat is tender-about 1 hour.
- Add spices, lemon grass, and galangal.
- Add spring union and chopped parsley.
- Add lime juice, chilies slices of tomatoes 2 minute before serving.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with fried shallot. Serve.
Ribs produce some fat when you cook them and i spoon out the fat as it cools on top of the stock. To make a really fat-free version, prepare the stock one day before (it's easy to skim off the fat after the stock has been in the fridge overnight), discard the ribs and replacewith slices of tenderloin. You can use still the ribs for a barbeque or put themin the oven after seasoning with salt and black pepper, lime juice some olive oil and fresh thym.
After having removed the stock from the refrigerator, re-heat, add the spices and other ingredients, then add slices of tenderloin and cook around 5 minute.
Enjoy the original taste of betawi beef ribs soup, but whit tender and juicymeat that is practically fat-free!